Saturday, January 24, 2009

Working on a new design

Do you ever get a picture in your head of something you want to create? I do and most of the time I can actually "see" what it should look like. The problem comes in with getting my hands to make what my mind "sees". I sort of rough sketch it out (I can't draw so I have to make do with what I can do) so I get just some basic lines and squares, nothing detailed. Then to figure out the dimensions and what goes where and finally how to put it together. Most of the time it comes out great and I just have to tweak it a bit and make some minor adjustments.

This design has been rolling around in my head for awhile and I finally started working on it yesterday. Hopefully I can get a picture of one tomorrow. I'm on the third revision of it but at least this one I am pretty satisfied with it. The first two that I made are really pretty as well but just not what I wanted. I never know what to do with the prototypes. I wonder what others do, they are still usable, maybe I can give them away. Now I have something new to think about!!

No comments: